Monday, November 24, 2008

I am catching up...

...with the rest of the internet world. I have my blog. Now I have finally opened a Flickr account. Now I just need to open my Etsy store, get a Facebook account, and for some reason, tell everyone everything I am doing on Twitter. But for now, here is the link for my Flickr account: http://flickr.com/photos/beadsofjoy For those of you who are even farther behind than me, Flickr is a picture hosting site. People post pics of anything and everything. It is actually pretty fun. Just type a search word in and you will get literally thousands of pics to look at. So far I really only have pics of work you can see either here on my blog or on http://www.bead-patterns.com/ where I sell my patterns. There are a few other pics, if you care to check them out. And over time I plan to put pics of lots more stuff I make (not just bead related) and more.

And speaking of selling my patterns... within the next week I plan to have it set up here on the blog that you can purchase my bead patterns directly from me. The benefits to this, you ask? I don't have to give the above mentioned site 45% of what I make. And the drawbacks? On Bead-Patterns.com you can download your patterns right away and get right to beading. If you buy from me you will have to be patient and wait until I e-mail them to you (until I get a better system set up in the future.) But to compensate you for the inconvenience I plan to offer the patterns at a discounted rate if you buy them from me (I guess that is another benefit! Yeah!) Turn around time will be no longer than 24 hours.

And just for fun, here is an early piece I made. It is a brooch made with bead embroidery with a ceramic cab. I made it for and wore it on my wedding day. My Mom gave me the cab. I just love the two birds. So romantic.

2 comments:

  1. HI,
    Congratulations to this beautiful blog, and thank you for friendship, for I wish a Happy 2009, friend !!!!!!
    beijos .............. Sandra Coatti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much and the same to you!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think of my work and my thoughts. Feel free to share, especially links to your own work!