Monday, October 27, 2008

I know I promised...

to post pictures of that wedding I went to. And I will. Unfortunately I discovered at the wedding that the batteries in my camera were dead. But my friend David took great ones and promised to share. He is just taking his time getting them to me. : )

Here is some new work of mine. The first are Queen Esther Earrings. They were named thus due to their regal color and the 24 karat gold beads. Perfect for Hannukah or as a way to show your faith daily. To purchase this pattern: http://www.bead-patterns.com/shop/shop.php?method=itemnumber&keywords=14820
If you are not Jewish or have anyone of that faith to make those for, here are a pair inspired by Medieval architecture. Named Jeweled Quatrefoil Earrings. Quatrefoil is a Middle English word from the 15th century meaning a representation of leaves or a flower with four leaves or petals. This idea inspired these earrings. To purchase this pattern: http://www.bead-patterns.com/shop/shop.php?method=itemnumber&keywords=14843

These earrings are special to me as they were the first piece of beadwork I made after my husband died. It took me almost 6 months to start beading again. The rose montees had been sent to me the year before by a friend for my birthday. I just adored them. One day, when I accidentally came across them, I was inspired again. I am so glad. I really missed beading.

2 comments:

  1. Heather, the Jeweled Quatrefoil Earrings are really lovely. Your patterns are great, too.

    Beth Ann Russell
    duchessofwire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I am glad you enjoy them. The Quatrefoils are my favorite. : )

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think of my work and my thoughts. Feel free to share, especially links to your own work!