Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Welcome to my blog.

I have finally decided to join the rest of the beading world and start a blog so I can share my work. My plans are to post tips and free patterns, discuss my inspirations and ideas, share pictures of my work, list good links that I find, and anything else that I am moved to write about. I hope you enjoy.


I should probably start with a short bio of myself so you can know who is writing all of this. My name is Heather Hall. I am 35 years old. I am widowed. I lost my husband of 13 years 10 months ago. His name was Kristopher and he was my best friend. I miss him dreadfully. I have a little terrier named Natty Jane and a cat named Miyu. I live in a small town (population 3,000) in North/Eastern Wisconsin in the USA. My immediate family all live here in the same town. About 95% of my entire family live within 100 miles of me. Unusual these days, huh? I studied Theology and Art in college and am still interested in both. I love learning about all religions and ways of honoring the Divine, though in my personal practice I am Catholic. Beadwork is my main outlet for my artistic expressions, though I also draw (with pencil, charcoal, and pens), paint (with oils and watercolors), create sculptures (with polymer clay and mixed medias), and do other needlework (such as crazy quilting, embroidery, ribbonwork, and crocheting). I also like to sew and design my own clothes. I am currently enjoying learning more about metalwork. I love to read. I love Japanese horror films. I love Indian food. For exercise, I swim laps at our local pool. I hope that helped you to know me better.

Natty Jane Sleeping 2006

1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you think of my work and my thoughts. Feel free to share, especially links to your own work!