Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Free Pattern: Hello Kitty

I love Hello Kitty. I have no idea why. I don't usually care for childlike things. But Hello Kitty and her friends make me feel like my childhood should have been more of. Carefree and happy and fun and loving. So, to spread the joy, here is a free pattern for Hello Kitty earrings. I hope they make you happy, too.



Beads Needed:
1 gram DB 0351 Matte White Delicas
14 beads DB 0723 Opaque Red Delicas
4 beads DB 0010 Opaque Black Delicas
2 beads DB 1371 Dyed Opaque Carnation Pink Delicas
2 silver crimp beads
2 small silver jump rings
2 ear wires

Directions:

Weave using brick stitch. The top silver bead (grey on the pattern) is a small silver crimp bead sewn on the earring. This bead is for running the earring loop through. I personally prefer this look to a ring of beads. But if you choose this method, you either have to use a jump ring between the crimp and the ear wire loop or you have to carefully turn the bottom ring on your earring wire 90 degrees with a pliers. Instead of it facing in line with the rest of the wire, the bottom loop will be perpendicular and facing outwards. Then you just string it through your crimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think of my work and my thoughts. Feel free to share, especially links to your own work!