Tuesday, January 5, 2010

What I Won't Do To Save The Planet #2: Get Rid of My Car


The second thing I won't do to save the planet is give up my car. I know this is a very controversial topic, but I live in the middle of NOWHERE. Really, I do. Statistically there are more cows in our county than people.

I do carpool as much as possible and I actually drive very little since I currently work at home. Unfortunately most of the places I have to drive are not close. I drive an average of 60 miles a trip. But I only do that 1-2 times a week. So I probably drive less than most people.

If I didn't have a car, I couldn't go anywhere as there is no public transport.

I have a Toyota Corolla, a very efficient car and I take good care of it. I plan to buy a hybrid (or something better, if there is something) next time.

I do all I can to make my car efficient and environmentally friendly. But no, I won't get rid of it, even to save the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think of my work and my thoughts. Feel free to share, especially links to your own work!