Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What I Won't Do To Save the Planet #1

As I mentioned, I just finished the book Sleeping Naked is Green by Vanessa Farquharson. I was quite moved by it. She calls herself an eco-cynic, enjoys alcohol with gusto and picks on hippies quite liberally. Just my kind of eco-book.

But going through her list of 366 eco-changes she made for a (leap) year made me realize that there are things I would never change, even for the planet and the future of man-kind. So I thought I would start sharing them here. Of course, I will be sharing the changes I do and will make, but this is more fun, isn't it?

So first change I would never make even for the health of all creation? Sleeping Naked. Never, ever. I love comfy pajamas and have a neurotic fear of being found spread-eagle across my bed, naked. So the earth will just have to put up with my extra laundry and need of more resources to make cloth, etc.

On the green side, I wear my PJ's more than once before washing and I wear clothes I have recycled from my daytime wardrobe. Old turtlenecks and t-shirts that are too raggy to wear in public or have an irremovable stain work great for sleeping. Of course, these days I am sleeping alone and don't care how attractive my nightwear is.

Oh, If you are wondering, I am feeling better though I still can't really hear out my left ear. I'll post my natural remedies soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think of my work and my thoughts. Feel free to share, especially links to your own work!